Sunday, March 23, 2014

Nora's Photo Sessions

Time passes so quickly that Chaz and I knew we wanted to take newborn photos to capture the first few weeks of Nora's life. Yes - we both take a million pictures with our iPhone's everyday, but I wanted some pictures I could blow up into canvases for her wall.

We were lucky enough to have two different friends reach out to us to photograph Nora.

Rebecca Orton - a sorority sister of mine took pictures when Nora was 8 days old. Nora practically slept through the entire 3 hour session. Being so young and so sleepy, it was easy for Rebecca to move her arms and legs into different positions. About 3/4 of the way through the session when I was holding a naked Nora on my stomach, she decided THEN was the time to go #2. :) Rebecca had tons of knowledge about newborn photography and came prepared with LOTS of different backdrops and headbands/accessories for our little girl. I practically wanted to cry the entire time because of how preciously calm and relaxed Nora looked while being photographed.

Rebecca's website: http://rebeccaortonphotography.com.

Some of the photo's from Rebecca's photo session. Enjoy!
























Melissa Hayes - a friend of a good friend of mine took pictures when Nora was 15 days old. Nora was awake almost the entire session with Melissa but she did an amazing job capturing Nora's spunky personality. Melissa specializes in natural lighting photography, so when she turned off all the lights in the room, I was anxious to see how the pictures would turn out. She did an amazing job helping both Chaz and I feel involved in the session and capturing all the elements of Nora's room too. Nora couldn't out-do her first performance, so she went #1 twice while I was holding her without a diaper.

Melissa's website: http://www.melissahayesphotoatl.com

Some of the photo's from Melissa's photo session. Enjoy!

















Both Rebecca and Melissa are extremely talented and I love ALL of the photographs they each took!! I cannot choose a favorite picture...that would be impossible. Not to mention that the subject was my favorite little girl in the entire world - she's extremely photogenic and adorable in everything she does.

Thank you Rebecca and Melissa!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment