Friday, April 26, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Stay-at-Home Wife...



So...I took a week between working at ITF 280 and starting full force with ITF John's Creek to get my mind right after the wedding and to get a few things accomplished. I've mentioned before how organized and detail/task oriented I am...but this week it was like I had an IV of Spark running straight through my veins.

In 5 days this is what I accomplished:

*Write, address and mail 45 thank you notes.
*Return/swap all remaining wedding gifts to Target, BBB, Pottery Barn and Macys.
*Get my car washed...which birds have now crapped on and you'd have no clue it's freshly cleaned.
*Get Chaz's car washed.
*Get my wedding ring cleaned.
*Visit the chiropractor.
*Grocery shop - a million times...Publix once, Whole Foods twice, and V'Richards three times.  Obviously I cannot remember everything when I'm there the first time.
*Organize under the bathroom and kitchen sink.
*Organize every drawer in my dresser and chest of drawers - creating a Goodwill pile.
*Take said clothes/shoes to Goodwill.
*Organize every cabinet and drawer in the kitchen and pantry - creating a garage sale pile.
*Wrap said dishes/pots in wrapping paper to relocate to mom's basement.
*Vacuum entire condo. Twice.
*Sweep front porch.
*Change sheets on both beds.
*Organize the "cave"... the large closet in our house that serves as the equivalent of a basement.
*Wash/dry/fold 4 loads of laundry - not sure how 2 people create that much laundry but we do.
*Create and write in new blog.
*WOD 6x. One day I did strength and normal WOD back to back = extreme exhaustion!
*Play tennis.
*Go for a 3.5 mile run.
*Watch 2 movies.
*Have coffee date with 3 different friend groups.
*Successfully unsubscribe from every single annoying junk email I receive daily.
*Update phone and all apps.
*Phone date with multiple out of town friends to catch up.
*Participate in ITF conference call.
*Answer a million emails - work and personal.
*Visit the dentist.
*Read an entire book.
*Cook lunch and dinner every night.
*Start the process of changing my name...bank - check. Sadly, this task cannot be accomplished in 5 days. I'm braving the social security office and the DMV next week.

I have no idea HOW women who work full-time WITH children get everything done. Kuddos to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment