Friday, July 25, 2014

Changes...

"Babies change everything."
"Life is going to be different after baby."
"Enjoy it now, it won't be the same after she arrives."

Yes, I heard those sayings (and many other versions) a million times when we first found out we were pregnant with sweet Nora. There are LOTS of things that have changed: we are a family of 3 now...we have another human and all her tiny human daily things to throw into the mix. There are definitely things that I miss about life before her - I don't deny that - but there are some amazing things I've gained in my life as well. I wanted to take a few minutes to actually record the things I miss (and new things to love) in this moment...for I'm sure in a few years, I will forget I even missed those things. And the list of things I love will only continue to grow as Nora becomes more mobile and active in our lives.

I miss...
Sleeping in. No matter what day of the week.
Sleeping through the night.
Intramural sports.
Sitting at a coffee shop for hours working on my blog or just reading.
Running into the gas station "real quick".
Doing ANYTHING "real quick".
Carrying a tiny clutch purse.
Making dinner plans with friends after 7pm.
Eating all of my meals at the temperature they were supposed to be eaten.
Having a regular workout routine.
Escalators.
Adult conversations that aren't about baby's schedule/poop/sleeping/toys/etc.
Running errands at any time of the day, not working around nap time.
Running more than 2 errands in one day.
Date night all the time.

New things to love...
Having a "Mary Poppins" mom bag that is capable of carrying EVERYTHING.
Early morning smiles and and snuggles.
Never doing my errands alone.
Always having a walking/running buddy.
People letting you cut them in line because you have a stroller.
People offering to hold the door for you.
Watching cartoons and kid movies.
Smiles from strangers.
Mommy groups with "mom" talk with others that can relate to the craziness of babies.
Tiny clothes making laundry easier.
Tiny everything.
An excuse to go to Target AT LEAST once a week!
Taking a selfie isn't as creepy.
Talking with Chaz about family trips for the future.
An excuse to wear workout clothes every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment